Gozo, Our Lady of Lourdes

The chapel of our Lady of Lourdes, built on a hill used to be known 'tal-Qortin' overlooking Mgarr harbour. This was built in the year 1888. The work was finished by the Maltese architect Caruana Galizia on a Gothic style. This is a place of pilgrimage for people from all over the island, especially in the days coinciding with the 'visions of Our lady of Lourdes' in southern France. The benefactor of the statue was Carolina Mamo and the artist was Carlo Darmanin - Gozo, Malta

nogupa
nogupa
Membre depuis le 08 Octobre 2007
nogupa" photostream (28)

18670 Vues
Licence

Tous droits réservés